Tabla de contenidos
What is a landing page?
A landing page, or landing page, is a web page designed specifically to turn visitors into leads. Itis a page within a website that cannot be accessed through the classic navigation menus of any website, but we land on it after clicking on an external link. It is characterized by having a single objective: to get the user to perform a certain action desired by the advertiser. You can find more information about what is a Landing Page by clicking here.
Why is it important?
If we offer something that seduces the user, the user will be more willing to leave information through a form, if with this he will be able to access the same and other content of interest. This page helps us turn users into end customers, hence the importance of creating a landing page that truly converts.
Difference between landing page and website
The Page website, has a menu in which it takes you to other internal sections in the Page website and usually has a lot of content, from photo galleries, who we are, works etc. and regularly is not designed for the generation of LEDs, instead a landing page is 100% designed with content vertically, to convert visitors into customers, so it does not have a menu and has little content, but content focused 100% on users who reach the landing page which has a Account (a call to action), bullets service improvements, contact form and seller text.
How does a landing page work?
Let’s look at this with an example: The user accesses a post written on our blog or website on how to make a content marketing strategy. He then decides that he wants to expand the information, so he clicks on a call-to-action of an ebook about “the perfect content marketing strategy” that will direct him to our landing page.
A Landing Page
Finally, this page will ask the user to send us their contact information to download our content. You will then be redirected to a thank you page with the download link, becoming a valuable lead. The number of downloads we record translates into personal information from potential customers. This is how we get the perfect opportunity to contact them directly and in a personalized way, to be able to influence your purchase decision.
Structure of a landing page
A landing page can have different structures, depending on the criteria of the web developer and the nature of the product and its brand. There are certain elements that are common to any landing page:
- A good picture that catches the eye in the first place
- A specific title on the product
- A call-to-action.
The classic structure would also include an enumeration of the benefits of the product and its features, a form and even some video, user testimonials about the product and buttons to share on social networks.
It is advisable to be very synthetic: make short sentences, insert symbols in enumerations, highlight words with bold to make them easier to read and accompany features with images. Only then will we interest the visitor without boring him and reach our goal: call-to-action.
Credibility is also essential: it highlights only the information that benefits you, but don’t exaggerate it, because it shows right away, and on the internet everything is known.
It is very important that if the user must fill out a form to respond to the call-to-action only ask for easy and essential information: please provide things or this could get tired before filling it out and leave the page when you were just convert point.
Use common sense: consider your experiences as a customer and don’t expect others to behave differently than you would.
Types of landing page
To whom they are addressed:
- For Social Ads campaigns: The one that works as a landing for Social Ads campaigns.
- Logs for webinar.
- For SEM campaigns.
- Subscriber landing pages.
- For digital advertising campaigns.
Where it is located:
- On the main home or website: it is part of the architecture of our website.
- Microsite– is designed separately with lake ms information.
- Facebook Landingpage: It’s inside Facebook and it’s good for the Facebook Ads campaigns we launch.
- Unique pages: when you landing it, we place it in a new, different domain from our primary domain.
- Subdomains: when the landing we place it in a subdomain of our parent domain.
Tricks to make professional landing pages
- Take care of the URL, make it short, direct, simple and contains the keyword.
- It adds the benefits for the user in “bullets” format, well highlighted and very clear.
- It incorporates an image that materializes the value proposition. If we make it tangible, we make it visible and helps improve the final conversion rate.
- Don’t waste landing with unattractive products, always use the best deal, the best gift and the best service
- Add visible and direct buy buttons. It makes the action easier.
- Measure, measure, and remeasure. It incorporates Google Analytics and Google Tag Mananer so you don’t miss anything.
- Never stop optimizing. Try A/B testing to see that it helps you convert better. This will improve the conversion rate.
- Design the workflow. Once you have the lead, now what happens?. Enter an automated email marketing chain.
Advantages of having a landing page
The advantage offered by landing pages is the ability to direct the user to a site where the relevant and necessary information is provided to make the purchase of a product or service, rather than to the company’s website. Landing pages use a consultation form or, in the case of hotels, a booking form.
- Simplification to users browsing avoiding visual distractions to the minimum possible in order to guide visits to the generation of an immediate contact via form, phone etc.
- Using a more effective commercial language than that used on a corporate website when presenting the product with a clear call to action.
- Possibility to use your own domain that is notorious and memorable (easy to remember), that communicates the name of the product or its usefulness, the domain is used as a reinforcement of the commercial message that is used in advertising.
- Full control of the results of the various campaigns that direct visits to this website by having completely differentiated the information related to this page.
- The creation of an additional web to the corporate allows to multiply the presence of our company in the results in searches.
- Agility, because it is not necessary to involve the IT department of the company being able to be an outsourced job.
- Constant improvement of the page by having the possibility to adapt our landing page according to the results offered by the campaign without limitations.
- Increased profitability of our campaigns, both online and offline, due to the increase in the conversion rate of visit or lead or customer resulting from the sum of the above reasons, which allows to recover the ROI of the investment eh increase the profitability of the Company.
If you want to know more about creating a website or how much it cost, please read this article. How much does a web page cost?